Joe Henderson - Mode for Joe
One of the most original tenor-saxophonists to emerge during the early 1960s,
Joe Henderson always had an immediately recognizable sound and the ability to
shift easily between hard bop and free jazz, sometimes within the same phrase.
The greatness of Henderson can be heard in every note. Of his Blue Note albums,
Mode For Joe is unique in that it is the only one to feature Henderson with a
group larger than a quintet. When one considers that its septet also includes
Lee Morgan, Curtis Fuller and Bobby Hutcherson, that the repertoire includes the
original versions of Ä Shade Of Jade," "Mode For Joe" and "Free Wheelin'" and
that this set has never had such brilliant sound, it is obvious that this is an
album that is a must for all serious music collections.
• Remastered from the Original Rudy Van Gelder Blue Note Master Tapes!
• Remastered by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman at Acoustech
• Cut at 45rpm for Better Sound!
• Pressed on two 180 gram Virgin Vinyl LPs by RTI
• Limited Edition
• Ultra-Durable, Extra Thick Album Jackets
• Gatefold Album with Session Photos in stunning High Resolution
Joe Henderson, tenor saxophone
Lee Morgan, trumpet
Curtis Fuller, trombone
Bobby Hutcherson, vibes
Cedar Walton, piano
Ron Carter, double bass
Joe Chambers, drums
1. A Shade Of Jade
2. Mode For Joe
4. Caribbean Fire Dance
6. Free Wheelin'